"The Worst" "The Worst"

It seems like you just made this to try and put as much gore and violence into one animation as you possibly could. I'm not against either of those things, but there's no level of creative thought in this. Nothing in this animation shows any critical thinking. You do have a very unique drawing style that I like, but this material is just pointless and lacks any sort of intelligence.

Sherbalex responds:

suck my junk

Sly's Dilemma Sly's Dilemma

THIIIIISSS.......HAS EGORAPT--.

Just kidding. Pretty good, and I'm sure that no one can disagree that Bentley is probably the worst help you could possibly ask for.

Awesome Reach Awesome Reach

Wow......just wow.

I didn't know Halo:Reach was that awesome. I'll make sure to go and buy it.

SOLID SNEAK SOLID SNEAK

The gameplay is "solid" (:P) and while the graphics are simple, they fit and don't detract from the experience. However I feel like a better selection of music might have assisted in creating a more nervous, sneaky atmosphere. While the jazzy thing might be good for a "clever" Bond film, I feel like this needed something more in line with the Metal Gear Solid, which I assume is where this games name comes from. Something that puts the player on edge. But other than that good job.

I-smel responds:

Metal Gear does use jazz. It's like the best videogame jazz.

Crumpled Crumpled

VERY creative. The originality is definitely a plus.

Ican'tAffordAwheelchair Ican'tAffordAwheelchair

I just don't see the point of this. I mean, it's well done from an aesthetic point on view. The animation is nice, and I'm no programmer but everything seems to work just fine. So logistically it's perfect. But it just doesn't really have enough depth for me IMO.

Still though, good job overall. Just not really engaging for me.

Will Rescue for Food Will Rescue for Food

This is incredible! I can't believe all the characters are your voice. My only suggestion is maybe slow down your speech just a BIT for some of the characters. I realize that part of the character is the speed, but at times it can be difficult to understand what they are saying some of the time. Also the ambient crowd sfx could be lowered just a little bit.

ECHO - Inexorable ECHO - Inexorable

My only advice on this would be to tone down the reverb on this string accents at the end. It doesn't have to be completely down, but I feel that if the strings sounded less "wet" they would have a bigger impact and give it would give more "force" to the accents.

ECHO - Eye of the Dragon ECHO - Eye of the Dragon

There are a couple things that I would suggest:

~2:50 is where I'd like to hear more of the choir. With the ethnic drums, you have a very "African" vibe to the piece, and I think the choral aspect of African music would compliment this nicely. The choir doesn't have to be by itself, but I feel like if it was brought more into the foreground, it would aid in this "flying over the jungle" feel you have created.

Echo responds:

"First of all, REALLY impressed by this. The overall quality is great, and the melody you used is very memorable. I love the percussion writing too, those ethnic drums really add to the thrill of the piece."

Thank you for the compliments. Coming from a great composer like yourself, they really mean a lot :)

"2:00 The percussion are here like I said is great, but to me it's too far in the foreground. It's hard for me to pay attention to the melodic parts because the small, ethnic rhythm is so "close" to the "mics". Maybe take the close mics back a bit (if you have them on) and turn up the surrounds."

Yes that particular set of drums has been a problem from the start and I've spent a lot of time tweaking them to get them to sound right. I'll try your suggestion and see what happens.

"2:40 It feels like you're about to go into this grand melodic line with the strings, but you don't. The cymbal kind of creates this feel of something being revealed, to which the strings would be the grand beauty of it, if you get what I'm saying. But you put the strings (violins) back and opt for the guitar again. Personally I'd bring the strings out here, and have them be very lush and "sweeping" to aid the "grandiose" feel of the piece."

Again I wasn't too sure what I should go for here. I wanted the re entrance of the melody to be familiar and yet new at the same time so I opted for a layering of the guitar and the strings. Its possible I may have misjudged the importance I could've given to the strings. I'll try and tweak that around.

"2:50 is where I'd like to hear more of the choir. With the ethnic drums, you have a very "African" vibe to the piece, and I think the choral aspect of African music would compliment this nicely. The choir doesn't have to be by itself, but I feel like if it was brought more into the foreground, it would aid in this "flying over the jungle" feel you have created."

I didn't want to bring the choirs too much into the foreground because strictly speaking they aren't part of the orchestra so I shouldn't give them too much importance to fit into the MAC rules. I'll try and tweak their depth level around a bit see what I get.

"Obviously those are just my opinions, so you are of course welcome to disagree. Just friendly suggestions ;)"

It's these types of suggestions that I enjoy getting, because they help me improve my style and give me the knowledge of composers more experienced than I am :)

"I'm curious, what sample did you use for the "flute" sound at from ~2:15 to ~2:30?"

Its the QLEG patch for the 3 Flutes in the Platinum Plus Library, layered with the STAC RR patch (also 3 Flutes) and a XIAO Live patch (from Silk) for the trills. Lots of layering and confusion but it sounds nice i guess :P

All in all, thanks a heap for the review. I appreciate the criticism :)

Thanks,